Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
- To: Christopher Holmes <>, "" <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Group ID's via grouper loader
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 20:00:21 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) ;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
You can do it.
The terminology in the UI has changed.
This is SQL_GROUP_LIST right?
You need two queries probably, one with group_name and subject info (e.g. subject_id and subject_source_id)
The other query is in grouperLoaderGroupQuery which has the group_name, group_display_name, group_description
The group_name is the group_id_path on ui, and the group_display_name is the path
On Behalf Of Christopher Holmes
We're currently working on setting up groups of all of our classes populated via the Grouper Loader.
All of our courses in other systems make use of a unique ID number we call CRN, but that's ugly and not really human readable. We'd like to have the group names in grouper be... pretty. BIO-111 for example, vs. 122356.
Another concern is that, while our CRNs don't change, it's hypothetically possible that the pretty names could change over time, as departments change names and number schemes get reworked. Which could wreck havoc downstream if the content is linked to the (changing) name.
Making the groups manually this seems to be possible, by setting the group ID to be the CRN while the group name retains it's user friendlyness. However, I've been unable to figure out how to do this inside the loader. Just providing
grouper with a group_id column doesn't seem to do the trick.
Is there a way to do this? Or is my methodology flawed and I should be accomplishing this goal in some other way?
B&T Application Analyst
- [grouper-users] Group ID's via grouper loader, Christopher Holmes, 07/18/2016
- Re: [grouper-users] Group ID's via grouper loader, Andrew Morgan, 07/18/2016
- RE: [grouper-users] Group ID's via grouper loader, Hyzer, Chris, 07/18/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.