grouper-users - [grouper-users] 2.1.5 to 2.3.0 upgrade grouperLoader type missing

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] 2.1.5 to 2.3.0 upgrade grouperLoader type missing

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] 2.1.5 to 2.3.0 upgrade grouperLoader type missing
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:49:02 -0500

Hi,

On a dev system I have upgraded from 2.1.5 to 2.3.0 and did
not notice any particular issue.

Later I noticed that the SQL loader job groups that in 2.1.5 were of
"type" grouperLoader are still there, the groups exist, but
they are no longer of "type" grouperLoader and have no
attributes like 'grouperLoaderType' (which had value
SQL_GROUP_LIST).

I saw on this page

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+-+Loader

that with loader.autoadd.typesAttributes set to true in
grouper-loader.properties (the default in base appears to also
be true) the dynamic/loadable group type should be
auto-created.

It did not appear to be auto-created despite having
started/stopped gsh a number of times, so I then attempted to
use GSH as instructed on that page to run

subj=SubjectFinder.findById("GrouperSystem")
sess=GrouperSession.start(subj)
type=GroupType.createType(sess, "grouperLoader")
read=Privilege.getInstance("read")
admin=Privilege.getInstance("admin")
type.addAttribute(sess, "grouperLoaderType", read, admin, true)

and so on.

The type was apparently created but the 'addAttribute' method
failed.

How can I proceed so that SQL loader jobs can again be
created?

Thanks,

Scott K