grouper-users - [grouper-users] VIEW permission on STEMs ?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] VIEW permission on STEMs ?

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To: Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] VIEW permission on STEMs ?
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 10:05:09 -0400

Hi,

We have a growing number of situations where we are delegating the management of various Service Management Groups. In some of these cases, Services support "projects", and each Project has a different set of managers/admins. IN any case, we now have a longish set of STEMs under the "Service management" STEM.

We'd prefer that when one of these admins is using a Grouper GUI that they only see the STEMs for the Projects (or Services) that they're authorized to VIEW and manage.

I know Grouper doesn't currently support a VIEW privilege on STEMs -- I'm wondering if this has been requested by others ? Or whether others see any value in this added functionality ?