grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Java vs WS API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Java vs WS API

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: Suresh Marru <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Java vs WS API
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 22:05:03 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Sounds great.

Generally institutions use the WS though in your case maybe the java API is better.  You can also perform readonly queries from the DB views.

Grouper jar: http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22grouper%22

Javadoc is here: http://internet2.github.io/grouper/

Some of the API is described here:  https://spaces.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14517859

There are Save objects and Finder objects e.g. GroupSave and GroupFinder.  Since most people use the WS, the Java API is not all that well documented, but let us know your questions and we can answer them and update the wiki.

MySQL is probably best for you.

Thanks

Chris