grouper-users - [grouper-users] Java vs WS API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Java vs WS API

  • From: Suresh Marru <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Java vs WS API
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 15:14:19 -0400

Hi,

We are exploring to use Grouper for group management within Apache Airavata. We will not be using the grouper UI, but just the group management features from a java library.

Can we directly use the Java API or is it recommended to use the web service deployment and use the WS Client?

If the Java API can be directly used, what is the recommended Jar from the list - http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22edu.internet2.middleware.grouper%22

Is there a publicly hosted Java API documentation?

What is recommended production database to be installed with grouper?

Thank you,
Suresh