grouper-users - [grouper-users] sources.xml and searchTypes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] sources.xml and searchTypes

  • From: Francesco Cepparo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] sources.xml and searchTypes
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:08:12 +0100

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of editing the sources.xml file to add a JDBC source. However, I'm doing something wrong, as the member search doesn't work (always returns no members), and, more importantly, I cannot login into the Grouper UI when using one of the users from that source, getting the following error:

Why is this subject not able to be referenced by id or identifier (do you need to add identifierAttributes to your sources.xml???) Subject id: 22, sourceId: tng, Cant find subject from login id: PUBLIC

This is the relevant section in my sources.xml:

Thank you for your help.