Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
RE: [grouper-users] Attributes and group privileges.
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: Jeffrey Crawford <>, Gouper Users List <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Attributes and group privileges.
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:45:59 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
The only people who can edit loader jobs are sysadmins.
This is kind of a complicated topic though. If you can edit the privs tab you have admin on the object. If you have admin on the object you can assign / edit attributes, but you have to have UPDATE on that attribute. So if you have an attribute that you only want certain people to manage (across all objects), then only certain people should have UPDATE on that attribute, and only people with ATTR_UPDATE or ADMIN on a group/folder.
Is there a way to allow someone to manage the privileges tab in grouper but not allow them to create attributes? For example allowing someone to delegate group management from a point in the stem, but prevent them from creating loader jobs?
Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!
- [grouper-users] Attributes and group privileges., Jeffrey Crawford, 10/21/2015
- RE: [grouper-users] Attributes and group privileges., Chris Hyzer, 10/22/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.