grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.2 - Add Members change what is being displayed for results

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.2 - Add Members change what is being displayed for results

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Andrew Morgan <>, Michael Reeves <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.2 - Add Members change what is being displayed for results
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 00:32:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Just curious, can you set the description to use that virtual attribute?
What would be the downside of that? Then it could be used for WS or wherever
else

On Behalf Of Andrew Morgan
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 8:27 PM
To: Michael Reeves

Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.2 - Add Members change what is being
displayed for results

On Thu, 14 May 2015, Michael Reeves wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Working with Grouper 2.2.1 and looking to get any information on how to
> change the results that are being displayed for add member, specifically I
> would like to basically concatenate the LDAP uid and display attributes.
> Currently the results are coming from the subject.description, which has
> the uid. How can I get the display to change to include the displayName?

Mike,

Here is what I did for that exact change:

1. In sources.xml, create a virtual attribute:

<init-param>
<param-name>subjectVirtualAttribute_0_osuFriendlyDisplay</param-name>
<param-value>${subject.getAttributeValue('cn')}
(${subject.getAttributeValue('uid')})</param-value>
</init-param>

2. In the UI's conf/grouper-ui.properties:

# this configures the default display in the Admin UI
# Use our virtual attribute instead of "description"
subject.display.default=osuFriendlyDisplay

# this configures how subjects look in the UI v2.2. This is the short
version of the subject
grouperUi.screenLabel2.sourceId.0 = jdbc
grouperUi.screenLabel2.screenEl.0 = ${subject.name}

grouperUi.screenLabel2.sourceId.1 = g:gsa
grouperUi.screenLabel2.screenEl.1 =
${subject.getAttributeValue('displayExtension')}

grouperUi.screenLabel2.sourceId.2 = g:rsa
grouperUi.screenLabel2.screenEl.2 =
${subject.getAttributeValue('displayExtension')}

grouperUi.screenLabel2.sourceId.3 = grouperEntities
grouperUi.screenLabel2.screenEl.3 =
${subject.getAttributeValue('displayExtension')}

grouperUi.screenLabel2.sourceId.4 = ldap
grouperUi.screenLabel2.screenEl.4 =
${subject.getAttributeValue('osuFriendlyDisplay')}

# this configures how subjects look in the lite UI. This is the short
version of the display
# images (must be in assets/images dir) for subject source id
grouperUi.subjectImg.sourceId.0 = ldap
grouperUi.subjectImg.image.0 = user.png
# screen EL has "subject" as an object
grouperUi.subjectImg.screenEl.0 =
${subject.getAttributeValue('osuFriendlyDisplay')}

That configures the Admin UI, new UI, and lite UI to use
osuFriendlyDisplay.

Hope that helps,

Andy