grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] adhoc group memberships, what to do when IDM Roles change

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] adhoc group memberships, what to do when IDM Roles change

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Steven Carmody <>, Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] adhoc group memberships, what to do when IDM Roles change
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:39:27 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We have a few options at Penn:

1. Intersect the employee group for auto-removal
2. Rule on employee group for auto-removal or auto-end date in the near future
3. Rule on org list so if removed from org due to leaving Penn or switching
orgs:
- remove from group
- -or- send email so someone can review
4. There is a deprovisioning process where one step is for a Group
administrator to review memberships/privs and remove all but ones that are
needed

I could imagine a Grouper rule like #3 above where if someone changes orgs or
is removed from all orgs that it determines groups which aren't exempt from
the process which have the person as an ad hoc member, puts an end-date on
membership (few days?) and emails the UPDATERS/ADMINS of the group letting
them know they can remove the end date if they like...

On Behalf Of Steven Carmody