grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Changelog size issues when applying Grouper privilege rules

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Changelog size issues when applying Grouper privilege rules

  • From: Robert Bradley <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Changelog size issues when applying Grouper privilege rules
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 22:20:41 +0100

On 08/04/15 20:18, Shilen Patel wrote:
> We discussed this on the dev call and didn’t come up with any other
> approaches. So if you do try out the composite idea, please let us know
> how it goes.
>
> Note that because adding the composite group flattens out the memberships,
> you’d end up having ~830 more membership records. But that’s a lot less
> than the 30+ million group sets you should be saving. :)

Thanks for discussing the problem and for your help in solving it! I
had noticed the GroupSet entry on the agenda, but failed to get my SIP
client installed and working before the call had finished. :(

On the plus side, I finally managed to test the composite-group solution
on our development system, and can confirm that it works as expected. I
used the complement-with-empty-group approach in this test, but I assume
that unions (via the old Admin UI) or intersect-with-self work just as well.

Robert

--
Dr Robert Bradley
Identity and Access Management, IT Services, University of Oxford