grouper-users - [grouper-users] grouper web service crash

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] grouper web service crash

  • From: "Kediyal, Prashant" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] grouper web service crash
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:00:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi Chris,

We had an incident where grouper web service crashed. Tomcat logs showed that there was an out of heap memory exception.
We suspect that this was caused because an application was retrieving 10’s of thousands of groups information. Is there any way we
could have configured grouper to fail more gracefully?

Secondly, the same application had typos in some web service requests and we saw invalid query being logged. Later on, grouper crashed
again because it could not check out a jdbc connection from the pool — had to restart tomcat again.

Any advice?
Prashant