Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: "Kediyal, Prashant" <>
- Cc: "" <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] RE: grouper web service crash
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:02:07 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
I think add more memory.
There are limits in the config files for max number of records retrieved, that might help.
Hmmm, not sure why not check out JDBC connections, maybe need to change a database setting or a config settings to have a larger pool?
We had an incident where grouper web service crashed. Tomcat logs showed that there was an out of heap memory exception.
We suspect that this was caused because an application was retrieving 10’s of thousands of groups information. Is there any way we
could have configured grouper to fail more gracefully?
Secondly, the same application had typos in some web service requests and we saw invalid query being logged. Later on, grouper crashed
again because it could not check out a jdbc connection from the pool — had to restart tomcat again.
- [grouper-users] grouper web service crash, Kediyal, Prashant, 03/24/2015
- [grouper-users] RE: grouper web service crash, Chris Hyzer, 03/24/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.