Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
Re: [grouper-users] Group membership auditing reporting
- From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
- To: Shilen Patel <>
- Cc: grouper-users <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Group membership auditing reporting
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:16:54 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, that is precisely what I was looking for!
ITS System Programmer
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shilen Patel"
To: "Carl Waldbieser"
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 6:42:50 PM
Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Group membership auditing reporting
Would the point in time audit give you what you need?
On 3/16/15, 12:44 PM, "Waldbieser, Carl"
I know in the new UI, I can use the "View Audit Log" menu item to see the
membership changes of a particular group. However, it seems like this only
shows the direct membership changes. E.g. if I have a group "employees" and
it is a member of group "vpn_users" and subject "smithj" is added to
"employees", this fact doesn't seem to be aparent if I am viewing the audit
log for "vpn_users" (though I see it in the log for "employees").
I was wondering, is there a way to have this feature in the New UI drill down
to the subject changes?
More importantly, I was wondering if there is a way to run some kind of
reports (vs. the DB or with GSH?) that could provide this kind of information
for various groups. I think it would be useful for monitoring the health of
I think that it might have been mentioned somewhere that there are database
views I could use to get this kind of information, out of Grouper, but I
wasn't sure what they were or whether they are part of a stable API.
ITS Systems Programmer
- [grouper-users] Group membership auditing reporting, Waldbieser, Carl, 03/16/2015
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- Re: [grouper-users] Group membership auditing reporting, Shilen Patel, 03/16/2015
- Re: [grouper-users] Group membership auditing reporting, Waldbieser, Carl, 03/17/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.