grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Andrew Morgan <>, Jeff McCullough <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 23:19:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

There was a report about the loader doing too many subject lookups, need to
look into that one...

On Behalf Of Andrew Morgan
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 1:47 PM
To: Jeff McCullough

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, Jeff McCullough wrote:

> I have a question about performance of the loader in version 2.2.1.
> Since we have upgraded to 2.2.1, we’ve noticed that the CPU load spikes
> during the time the loader is checking the reference groups we have
> setup to capture groups based upon LDAP attributes. This wasn’t the case
> in 2.1.x and earlier versions. Is this expected behavior? I’m staggering
> the load times for the individual groups now, but that wasn’t necessary
> previously. Maybe the threading improvements in the loader are allowing
> it to do more work more quickly, thus spiking the CPU. Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jefff

That's what we saw too when we used the new threaded loader. You can tune
the threading in grouper-loader.properties if you find it too aggressive.
Threading made a big improvement in our loader run times!

Andy