grouper-users - [grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1

  • From: Jeff McCullough <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:41:43 -0700

I have a question about performance of the loader in version 2.2.1. Since we
have upgraded to 2.2.1, we’ve noticed that the CPU load spikes during the
time the loader is checking the reference groups we have setup to capture
groups based upon LDAP attributes. This wasn’t the case in 2.1.x and earlier
versions. Is this expected behavior? I’m staggering the load times for the
individual groups now, but that wasn’t necessary previously. Maybe the
threading improvements in the loader are allowing it to do more work more
quickly, thus spiking the CPU. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jefff