grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1

  • From: Andrew Morgan <>
  • To: Jeff McCullough <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] loader performance with 2.2.1
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, Jeff McCullough wrote:

I have a question about performance of the loader in version 2.2.1. Since we have upgraded to 2.2.1, we’ve noticed that the CPU load spikes during the time the loader is checking the reference groups we have setup to capture groups based upon LDAP attributes. This wasn’t the case in 2.1.x and earlier versions. Is this expected behavior? I’m staggering the load times for the individual groups now, but that wasn’t necessary previously. Maybe the threading improvements in the loader are allowing it to do more work more quickly, thus spiking the CPU. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jefff

That's what we saw too when we used the new threaded loader. You can tune the threading in grouper-loader.properties if you find it too aggressive. Threading made a big improvement in our loader run times!

Andy