grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: gsh -psp -sync and -bulkSync giving different results

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: gsh -psp -sync and -bulkSync giving different results

  • From: Jeffrey Crawford <>
  • To: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: gsh -psp -sync and -bulkSync giving different results
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:52:46 -0800

Okay I've figured this one out. The problem is based on that I'm trying to figure out a way to "make" the psp be configurable to multiple targets that all want different conventions (flat vs bushy, startTLS vs LDAPS, this stem vs that stem, etc.) The way I've found to do that was to find all the items in the psp-resolver.xml and change their name to identify help identify which "set" they belong to, basically I did something like this:

  <!-- SET:
       The names of all groups matching the data connector filter. -->
  <resolver:AttributeDefinition
    id="groupNamesSet1"
    sourceAttributeID="groupNames"
    xsi:type="ad:Simple">
    <resolver:Dependency ref="AllGroupNamesConnectorSet1" />
  </resolver:AttributeDefinition>
  <resolver:AttributeDefinition
    id="groupNamesSet2"
    sourceAttributeID="groupNames"
    xsi:type="ad:Simple">
    <resolver:Dependency ref="AllGroupNamesConnectorSet2" />
  </resolver:AttributeDefinition>

the description in the AllGroupNamesConnectorSet1 said that they return "groupNames", however setting the id to "groupNamesSetX" implies that the attribute it wants to return is also called groupNamesSetX, so I had to add sourceAttributeID="groupNames" to make sure I received the list from the referenced resolver.

Just in case anyone is trying to do something similar I wanted to make sure I circled back and shared in case someone else had the same issue.

If people are interested I'll submit an example of our config once I get it commented.

​Jeffrey C.​

Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!