grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: Trying some new things in package edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: Trying some new things in package edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: Trying some new things in package edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 16:33:58 -0600

Let me start to answer my own question, then hope people can steer me onto the right path.

I grabbed the full Grouper source via svn checkout

svn co http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/i2mi/tags/GROUPER_2_1_5/

I see each major package has a pom.xml in its directory, so I'm guessing there's a maven command to compile it into jars.  The one I need for creating source adapters is under %GROUPER_2_1_5_HOME%/subject

So my questions boil down to:

1) What is the maven command to build subject.jar?

2) If I build the jar with maven, could I then just plop that jar in my existing Grouper installation, replacing the one in %GROUPER_INSTALL_HOME/grouper.apiBinary-2.1.5/lib/grouper ?

If this is wrong, or there is a better path, please let me know.

        TIA,   --Keith