grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] creating a flexible grouper structure

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] creating a flexible grouper structure

  • From: Rob Gorrell <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] creating a flexible grouper structure
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 10:40:35 -0400

Thanks Chris, I'm gonna spend some time digesting that, but it seems to be the sorta principle I'm after. To the point of why create this up front, I guess I'm thinking towards a distributed access model, where each department controlled its own stem... being able to pre-provision the include/exclude/composite groups ahead of time would give a common language for distributed admins and consumers to be become accustom to and not require us to intervene everytime someone needed an exception to their systemOfRecord.

One sort of variation to the question... say you had loader configurations building two systemOfRecord groups for each department, one containing full-time employees and one containing student workers. how would I "load" a composite group of these two automatically since this breaks the addIncludeExclude type you mentioned? what that be a loader object looking back at the grouper db as the system of record rather than an external db?

Thanks again,
-Rob