grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] creating a flexible grouper structure

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] creating a flexible grouper structure

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: Rob Gorrell <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] creating a flexible grouper structure
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 08:19:30 -0600

I would argue that trying to automatically add the include & exclude groups for every systemOfRecord group is the wrong approach.  The need to have those exception groups rests solely on the use-case for why said group exists and thus why a person would have to be manually included/excluded.  In our setup here, the include/exclude combination is only setup for final groups who's memberships will be consumed by an application.  That leaves the vast majority of systemOfRecord groups clean.

Dave