grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Composite group with more than two groups contained

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Composite group with more than two groups contained

  • From: Julio Polo <>
  • To: Nathan Weyenberg <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>, "Omaraie, Brad" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Composite group with more than two groups contained
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 09:07:41 -1000

Hi Nathan,

Yes, I ended up doing something similar.  Our users can build their groups from a menu of institution-defined groups which include departments, faculty, staff, students at specific campus, programs of study, and so on.  I cannot predict the complexity of our user-defined groups, so I ended up created a recursive method that parses a group _expression_ and creates each intermediate group on the fly.

Julio Polo
University of Hawaii