grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Grouper lite UI - add members

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Grouper lite UI - add members

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Ashwin Bijur <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper lite UI - add members
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:23:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

You should set this in the grouper.properties:

externalSubjects.autoCreateSource = false

There are some UI changes in the media.properties as well:

# if the registration screen is enabled

externalMembers.enabledRegistration = true

# if the invitation screen is enabled

inviteExternalMembers.enableInvitation = true

inviteExternalPeople.link-from-admin-ui = true

inviteExternalPeople.link-from-lite-ui = true

See the doc for more info on all the settings:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+external+subjects

> Also,  I am not able to add members from either the input screen or a csv file.

> I get the following errors:

> Error: import was not successful, see 1 errors below

> The immediate membership size was 0 and is now 0

> There were 0 successful adds, and 0 successful deletes

> Entity errors

> Error on row: 1, jninan: subject not found: jninan

Is that a subjectId or subjectIdentifier (depending on what you are importing).  Can you send me the exact file you are importing?  Maybe get an export and look at that format.  You are talking about the lite UI and not the admin UI right?

> I want to use our central ldap server to pull the id's from.  And I am using

> psp-example-ldap-to-grouper for configuring the files.  Am I correct in doing

> that?

You are loading groups in grouper from LDAP?  Sure, you can do that.  But are you talking about an LDAP subject source?  That is a different thing.