Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: Gagné Sébastien <>
- To: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>, <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] I dislike Active Directory
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:45:11 -0400
- Authentication-results: sfpop-ironport04.merit.edu; dkim=neutral (message not signed) header.i=none
Unfortunately I haven’t tried with large queries and we aren’t currently using it, but from what I see from my tests I didn’t even uncomment most of the properties, so eventually I might run in the same problem.
Looking at vt-ldap’s properties (https://code.google.com/p/vt-middleware/wiki/vtldapProperties), maybe you should try setting the “pagedResultsSize” properties : ldap.personLdap.pagedResultsSize = 800
I’m not 100% sure what’s the difference between this one and “batchSize”, but my guess would be that “pagedResultSize” is used when searching in ldap while “batchSize” is used when accessing the data by calling vt-ldap.
Here I go again. I am trying to create a groups from attributes. (we have an attribute called uuemployee and I want to create a group of uuCurrentEmployee).
This group definition works fine against LDAP but when I point grouper-loader.properties at AD I only get 859 members, but the result should be over 30k.
I have tried changing this:
ldap.personLdap.batchSize = 800
ldap.personLdap.countLimit = 600000
ldap.personLdap.timeLimit = 600000
But it has no effect on the results.
Can someone send me their sanitized grouper-loader.properties and ldap.properties that actually work with large AD datasets?
When I use same AD account in my Softterra LDAP browser I can read everything, so I don’t think it is an AD configuration issue.
- [grouper-users] I dislike Active Directory, Bryan E. Wooten, 04/29/2013
- [grouper-users] RE: I dislike Active Directory, Chris Hyzer, 04/30/2013
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- RE: [grouper-users] I dislike Active Directory, Gagné Sébastien, 04/30/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.