grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSP performance

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSP performance

  • From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • Cc: Rahul Doshi <>, "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP performance
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 18:11:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

the idea would be to only scoop up certain operations at once - stop if you hit a boundary condition.

for example:

add member, delete member changes for the same group would all be scooped up until you see a different operation.  so a rename would be different, you would stop processing the add/del, send that message and then send the rename or whatever other attribute change is needed.  everything would be processed in order in the change log.  we are thinking of putting all static group operations into one queue and single thread it the processing of that queue to avoid the problems of ordering.  as for non-group objects - like isMemberOf handling - they can be handled in parallel following the same algorithm.

/mrg

On Apr 29, 2013, at 1:12 PM, Gagné Sébastien <>

Quick ideas :
How would ordering be maintained ? e.g. you don’t want to rename a group before its description is modified.
What if you have conflicting information ? e.g. two consecutive description modification of the same group, which one to keep (comes back to ordering transaction)
How would you know you have “all” the changes for that object ?

As for your problem, could you have two changelog consumer row ? You could have one for “last published to Active MQ” and one for “current aggregation id”, that way you restart the changelog on “last published” and start aggregating there.

Good luck