grouper-users - [grouper-users] PSP performance

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] PSP performance

  • From: Rahul Doshi <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] PSP performance
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:12:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hello,

While  jira https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-882 to improve the PSP real-time provisioning  is worked on we are looking to implement a stop gap solution to improve PSP real-time provisioning performance.   This is how we are planning to do that.  We will implement a custom change log consumer that will combine multiple updates to same object and publish it to a queue like ActiveMQ.  We will implement a client that will grab the message from the queue and perform the update as single ldap operation.

One limitation we already know of this approach is we would have to continuously advance change log consumer pointer even though we are still aggregating changes in a single message to push it to ActiveMQ.  If change log consumer dies for whatever reason before we could publish the message to the queue we will lose changes and only way to recover from that would be to do bulkSync.  Are there any other issues that we could potentially  face?  Also if anyone has alternative approach to improve PSP real-time performance we would very much like to hear.

Thanks,
Rahul