Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
Re: [grouper-users] PSP error when a group name contains a dollar sign followed by a number
- From: David Langenberg <>
- To: Dominique Petitpierre <>
- Cc: "" <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP error when a group name contains a dollar sign followed by a number
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:33:36 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: sfpop-ironport01.merit.edu; dkim=neutral (message not signed) header.i=none
I've filed https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-902 for this issue.
Identity & Access Management
The University of Chicago
On Apr 27, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Dominique Petitpierre
> in Grouper 2.1.3 if a group name contains a dollar sign followed by a
> number, e.g. "i$7fco_gest", the PSP daemon reports a weird error:
> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: No group 7
> You will find in annexe an extract of the grouper_error.log showing
> that message together with the full java stack.
> This does not happen if the dollar sign is followed by a letter.
> Since it happens in the context of a replaceAll(regex,replacement), it
> looks like the "group 7" in question is in fact referring to what
> would have matched the 7th parenthesized expression of a the regular
> expression (capturing group).
> Strange that a data string (i.e. obtained from the Grouper DB or LDAP)
> is used as the replacement string in a replaceAll operation! I guess
> that a group name containing a backslash ("\") would also cause
> problems in that case.
> Eventhough it occurs in the LdapSourceAdapter code, I did not see such
> errors in other context than the PSP (in particular the UI and gsh
> loader don't seem to trigger it).
> Probably a quick fix is to quote sequences of characters, like "$7",
> significant in the replacement pattern (may be with quoteReplacement
> Best regards,
> Mr Dominique Petitpierre, user=Dominique.Petitpierre domain=unige.ch
> IT Division, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- [grouper-users] PSP error when a group name contains a dollar sign followed by a number, Dominique Petitpierre, 04/27/2013
- Re: [grouper-users] PSP error when a group name contains a dollar sign followed by a number, David Langenberg, 04/29/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.