grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Grouper design best practices

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Grouper design best practices

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Earl Lewis <>, "<>" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper design best practices
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:19:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Have you seen this page?

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Group+and+folder+design+ideas

From: [mailto:] On Behalf Of Earl Lewis
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 4:00 PM
To: <>
Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper design best practices

I've had a look at the both the wiki pages and training video related to creating folder/group structures for a Grouper installation. These are very helpful and instructive, so thank you for those. And although those are very helpful, they are mostly focused on what Grouper is capable of doing.  What I'm wondering about are the pros/cons of the various design choices that we might make.

We're just getting started with Grouper so we're taking small steps getting ramped up with it. Is there any interest from this group in having a dialogue about pros/cons of grouper design choices? We don't really have enough experience to be able to contribute too much (yet) but we do have lots of questions.

The logical follow-up to that question would be, if there is interest, do we just have that dialogue via this mail list, or is there another forum that's more appropriate (I don't want to overwhelm or distract everyone here if they're not interested in this particular conversation)?

Earl

801-581-3635 (office)

801-554-3596 (mobile)