grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] monitoring a message bus ....

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] monitoring a message bus ....

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To: Jim Fox <>
  • Cc: Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] monitoring a message bus ....
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:04:53 -0400

On 4/9/13 1:43 PM, Jim Fox wrote:

Our standard method is to send heartbeat messages every 10 or 15
minutes. If a client doesn't see anything for longer than that
there's an error somewhere. That works with all message systems.

Amazon has a service, CloudWatch, that allows you to configure
email, or some other signal, when certain conditions are met:
no SNS message for xx minutes, etc. We use that too.

Jim -- thanks once again!

A quick question, so I don't jump to the wrong conclusions -- I'm guessing that your "listeners" send the heartbeat msg to the monitor client ?