grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Question of daemons

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Question of daemons

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Question of daemons
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 20:25:10 -0500

> For full syncs (bulkSync) I would use the configuration in
> grouper-loader.properties :
> changeLog.psp.fullSync.quartzCron = 0 0 12,19 * * ?
>
> As far as I know you could run with the -interval options, but in that case
> you won't know exactly when the sync runs, but it might also be useful if
> what you want is a periodic sync. There's also the overhead of having a
> second GSH running, but that's minor I guess. Running everything in the
> Grouper Daemon also checks if the FullSync is running before doing changelog
> sync; I don't think it does if you run it in two different process.

In general there should be one-cook-in-the-kitchen. So, if you are
using the changelog, then configure the fullSync job in the loader
configuration, because the psp changelog consumer will wait until that
fullSync job is finished before processing change log entries, as said
above.

  • Re: [grouper-users] Question of daemons, Tom Zeller, 04/01/2013