grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 20:15:50 -0500

> Thanks, I tried upping maxElementsInMemory to greater than the number of
> subjects and it did reduce the number of LDAP queries, but overall it still
> took about 10 hours to provision. It's not pushing our LDAP server very
> hard, so maybe increasing the LDAP pool size would help?

I will guess that increasing the LDAP pool size will not help much.

The psp is single-threaded, mostly because I was unsure how threadsafe
the third-party spml library is.

Most of the performance bottlenecks I have dealt with involved
eliminating unnecessary queries back to grouper.

It is difficult for me to help with performance tuning from afar, and
I am obviously not responding in a timely manner either.

In general, I would look at avoiding querying grouper for every membership.

  • Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling, Tom Zeller, 04/01/2013