grouper-users - RE: RE: RE: [grouper-users] web services REST API AttributeDefSave

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: RE: RE: [grouper-users] web services REST API AttributeDefSave

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: mohan shamachar <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: RE: RE: [grouper-users] web services REST API AttributeDefSave
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 16:13:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I haven't used the BshServlet, but it looks like you POST a script to it and
it will execute it. I would not do this for security reasons since GSH
effectively gives you full access to the registry. If you decide to go down
that path, make sure it has proper authentication and authorization (I would
authenticate as strong as you can, and restrict to source IP networks).

I would do this one of three ways:

1. Just use the Grouper Lite-UI. It can add attribute definitions, handle
actions, deal with privileges, etc. This is definitely the preferred way to
manage attributes/permission
-or- 2. If writing in Java, just use the Grouper API and use the java
methods, not GSH
-or- 3. If not in Java (or in Java, you could do this as well), take in
POSTed data from the UI, and repackage that into GSH command line calls,
parse the output. I don't really see a need to keep your own copy in the
DB... you could read from tables/views in grouper to display stuff before
editing

Ok?

On Behalf Of mohan shamachar