grouper-users - Re: RE: RE: [grouper-users] web services REST API AttributeDefSave

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: RE: RE: [grouper-users] web services REST API AttributeDefSave

  • From: mohan shamachar <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: RE: RE: [grouper-users] web services REST API AttributeDefSave
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 01:10:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Chris,

Thank you. The links provided are taking me to the wrong pages. However, I
was able to view the documentation by replacing 2.1 to 1.6.0.

My goal is to run these grouper API (via GSH) from a browser. I'm thinking of
options here:

Option 1:

1. Store the permission name and actions in a database table.
2. Run a periodic service that will read the permission (attribute) and
actions data from the db-table and execute the GSH script to save them in the
grouper DB.

Option 2:
Since GSH is based on the BeanShell, implement a BshServlet, that will
receive the permission and actions data via a POST submit from the browser
form, and call the GSH API.

I'm leaning toward the BshServlet. Is there a GshServlet that's already
available for grouper that I can use? Will this approach work?

thank you,
mohan