grouper-users - [grouper-users] multiple subject sources

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] multiple subject sources

  • From: Rahul Doshi <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] multiple subject sources
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 01:24:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We are planning to have two subject sources in our environment.  One that will have all the active users and other that will have suspended and deleted users or inactive users.  We want to configure grouper so that by default it just searches active users subject source instead of all subject sources.  Is it possible to do that using simple configuration or I would have to customize the JSP?  For certain groups like group of all suspended users we want to specify default subject source to be of inactive users.  Can we specify the inactive users subject source at the group level let's say at the time of group creation so the that add member automatically only searches for users in inactive users subject source instead of first selecting inactive users subject source manually to limit the search.  If this is not already supported can it be considered as a feature request?  Also I would welcome any suggestions on how to implement this.

Thanks,
Rahul