grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] configuring and running Grouper Loader

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] configuring and running Grouper Loader

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Scott Koranda" <>, "grouper-users" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] configuring and running Grouper Loader
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:09:57 -0400

It is my understanding that in order for the PSP to do "real time"
provisioning and for PIT auditing we need to run the Grouper Loader.
Is that correct?

Yes

I think you got confused with Grouper naming (I did too), the Grouper Loader
is another name for the Grouper Daemon (which you run using
$GROUPER_HOME/bin/gsh -loader &). This Grouper daemon/loader has capabilities
to run a Grouper Loader that will load groups. If you don't configure it in
grouper-loader.properties it won't load anything, but will still run the
other processes (changelogs, PSP).

Originally I believe the Grouper Loader was only used as a Group Loader, but
then other features were added and it became the current Grouper Daemon.

After starting the process you must put it in background to keep it running.