grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Design question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Design question

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Earl Lewis <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Design question
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 09:58:15 -0800 (PST)

We operate an openldap cluster that is an integral part of our groups
web service. It handles most membership requests. That cluster
is always provisioned immediately (within a few seconds) and gets
all groups and members.

Everything else, including an active directory, is provisioned
through a messaging queue, presently activeMQ, but will probably be
an AWS queue someday. This AD gets all groups except those that
won't fit: name longer than 63 characters, member not itself in
AD, etc.

We expect to add a 'change notice' service this year. Anyone will
be able to subscribe to it and receive notifications when a group
changes. They can use these to provision local caches, including
local ADs.

Jim