grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] LDAP groups in sources.xml

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] LDAP groups in sources.xml

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: Gasperowicz Jérémy <>, "Shilen Patel" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] LDAP groups in sources.xml
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:39:59 -0500

To understand correctly you want to have a Grouper Group which the members
are users and/or groups from the ldap ?

I'm not sure if "<type>person</type>" does anything

What I would check is that your LDAP groups have subject ID with this part
(maybe CN in your case) :
<init-param>
<param-name>SubjectID_AttributeType</param-name>
<param-value>sAMAccountName</param-value>
</init-param>

And that the searches have filters that can see groups, something like :

<param-name>filter</param-name>
<param-value>

(&amp;(sAMAccountName=%TERM%)(|(objectclass=user)(objectclass=group)))
</param-value>

If I'm not clear we can always talk in French if you prefer ;~)