grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Removing subject no longer in source

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Removing subject no longer in source

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Per-Olov Gustafsson <>
  • Cc: Pål Axelsson <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Removing subject no longer in source
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 15:50:56 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> I can confirm that if I use subjectId it works and I can remove the subject’s membership. It does’nt matter if I specify the source. It works with and without the source specified.

Ok, great.

> But I have to admit to not understanding the difference between subjectId and subjectIdentifier

Yes, this is confusing.  It might be explained here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1WZxps10Qo

I added some terms to the glossary to help as well…

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Glossary

I can confirm that if I use subjectId it works and I can remove the subject’s membership. It does’nt matter if I specify the source. It works with and without the source specified.

But I have to admit to not understanding the difference between subjectId and subjectIdentifier. For instance the page https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Glossary does not explain the term. Can you point me to some doc explaining this?

/Per-Olov