grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Using a custom attribute for subject display

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Using a custom attribute for subject display

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Using a custom attribute for subject display
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 13:50:10 -0400

Thanks for the quick fix and example code. I updated from svn, changed the code for the attribute values I wanted, and it works great now.

Peter

On 8/3/12 1:47 AM, Chris Hyzer wrote:
Unfortunately the subject query method that the UI uses wasnt calling the
subject filter in 2.1.1. I fixed this and tested in 2.1.2 (currently in the
svn branch GROUPER_2_1_BRANCH)

I used the subject customizer Java class (attached). I configured it in the
grouper.properties:

# customize subjects by implementing this interface:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.subj.SubjectCustomizer
# or extending this class:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.subj.SubjectCustomizerBase (recommended)
# note the instance will be reused to make sure it is threadsafe
subjects.customizer.className =
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.subj.decoratorExamples.SubjectCustomizerForDecoratorUiDisplay

I configured the media.propeties (note that for the lite UI you need to edit
the grouper/media.properties and not the custom/media.properties, see
GRP-829):

# for jdbc subjects in admin ui
subject.display.jdbc=uiLabel

# lite display settings
grouperUi.subjectImg.screenEl.1 = ${subject.getAttributeValue('uiLabel')}

Then I created the group (you can change this in the java source):
etc:privilegedGroup, and added some users to it.

When I logged in as those users, I saw a different display more info), than
when I logged in as users not in that group. If you can pull Grouper and
Grouper-UI from the branch, try it out. Otherwise, 2.1.2 should be out
shortly :)

[]
on behalf of Peter DiCamillo
[]