grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] XML Import Tool

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] XML Import Tool

  • From: Jonathan Tellier <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] XML Import Tool
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 16:18:05 -0400

It would be ongoing. My goal is to replace Grouper's source of data (a
DB, an LDAP, etc.) with an XML file. To put it more concretely, for
instance, when deploying Grouper with the Grouper Installer, it's
possible to load sample data from an HSQL DB. Well I'd like to swap
that DB with an XML file. Once the data will be loaded into Grouper
I'll provision it into some other destination, not back into the XML
file. Is such a thing possible?

If it's not possible, I can always write a script or something that
would populate a DB with the data contained in my XML file. I would
then do as you suggest, that is, load Grouper with the data contained
in the DB. It's not that much of a problem for me, but I was wondering
if I could skip this intermediate step.

Thanks,
--jtellier

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Chris Hyzer