grouper-users - [grouper-users] XML Import Tool

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] XML Import Tool

  • From: Jonathan Tellier <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] XML Import Tool
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:05:23 -0400

Hello,

I am currently evaluating the possibility of using XML files as a
source for subject and group data. This data will then provisioned to
another system. After reading about the XML Import/Export tool [1] and
after finding a sample XML import file [2] that is possibly outdated
(it was linked from an archived page), I've came to the conclusion
that what I'm trying to achieve is not possible. The doc about the XML
Import/Export tool specifies that the subjects must be resolvable
(i.e. present in one of my Grouper's source) and the sample XML file
does not contain any subject information. Is that the right conclusion
? If not, where can I find a sample XML file that is not outdated (if
the file is outdated) and/or documentation describing the format that
such a file must have? Is my best bet to develop an XML connector that
could load subjects and groups data from XML files ?

Thanks,
--jtellier

[1] https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Import-Export
[2]