grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and AD

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and AD

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Chris Hyzer" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and AD
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:01:17 -0400

University of Montreal would probably be interested in #2; we could still
have externally managed groups.

We have not yet deployed, but as far as I know, you could have mixed groups
managed by Grouper or AD.
- Setting the groups and Stems to NOT be authoritative will prevent Grouper
from erasing everything.
- Using the PSP, the changelog provisioning will delete groups created in
Grouper.
- If you need to see the AD managed groups in Grouper, then the Grouper
Loader would need to be used (I still need to do this part)

We have yet to figure out exactly how groups will be managed in the whole
institution, but I'm planning to have at least part of the groups managed by
Grouper.

Hope this helps a little