grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper Daemon configuration questions

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper Daemon configuration questions

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>, grouper-users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper Daemon configuration questions
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:22:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> - The default for loader.retain.db.logs.days is 7 days.
>
> What precisely is purged after 7 days (what do I lose)? How
> does the growth of the table scale? Since we only have 1000
> subjects and < 1000 groups should I let the table grow for
> longer than 7 days?

There is a table with an entry for each loader job. There will be a couple
every minute for change log. So, it shouldn't be a big deal to keep it
longer, though I don't know how it is generally useful more than a few days,
so the default is 7. Set it to whatever you want. :)

> - The default for loader.retain.db.change_log_entry.days is 14
> days.
>
> Same questions as above but also does purging this table
> affect the point-in-time auditing?
>
> We are hoping to use the point-in-time auditing to be able
> to answer questions about who was in a group years in the past.

Data goes from grouper, to the change log tables, to the point in time
tables. Change log consumers pop data off the change log entry table as the
queue of the ordered things. After a few days this is not useful either.
This should grow faster than the loader table, but you can see in your
system, and keep as long as you want.

> - I am assuming that since we do not at this time want to
> provision any group information from LDAP into Grouper I do
> not need to configure anything in
>
> #################################
> ## LDAP connections
> #################################
>
> or in
>
> ##################################
> ## LDAP loader settings
> ##################################
>
> Is that correct?

yes

> - What do the configuration options in the
>
> ##################################
> ## Change log
> ##################################
>
> do? More precisely how do these options interact or not with
> the new PSP?

If you have a new change log consumer, you can configure it here, or
configure built in ones like the xmpp notifier or the psp...

> I apologize if these questions are answered already in the
> documentation and I ask that you point me to it.

Have I ever yelled at someone about reading the docs???? :)

On Behalf Of Scott Koranda
We did not use Grouper Daemon (Loader) in 1.6.x but want to
use it in our 2.1.x deployment.

I would be grateful if you could answer the following
questions regarding configuration in
grouper-loader.properties:

[...]

Thanks,

Scott