grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper Daemon configuration questions

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper Daemon configuration questions

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper Daemon configuration questions
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:10:58 -0500

Hi,

We did not use Grouper Daemon (Loader) in 1.6.x but want to
use it in our 2.1.x deployment.

I would be grateful if you could answer the following
questions regarding configuration in
grouper-loader.properties:

- The default for loader.retain.db.logs.days is 7 days.

What precisely is purged after 7 days (what do I lose)? How
does the growth of the table scale? Since we only have 1000
subjects and < 1000 groups should I let the table grow for
longer than 7 days?

- The default for loader.retain.db.change_log_entry.days is 14
days.

Same questions as above but also does purging this table
affect the point-in-time auditing?

We are hoping to use the point-in-time auditing to be able
to answer questions about who was in a group years in the past.

- I am assuming that since we do not at this time want to
provision any group information from LDAP into Grouper I do
not need to configure anything in

#################################
## LDAP connections
#################################

or in

##################################
## LDAP loader settings
##################################

Is that correct?

- What do the configuration options in the

## Change log

do? More precisely how do these options interact or not with
the new PSP?

I apologize if these questions are answered already in the
documentation and I ask that you point me to it.

Thanks,

Scott