grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Globally unique extension/identifier in Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Globally unique extension/identifier in Grouper

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Gagné Sébastien <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Globally unique extension/identifier in Grouper
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:08:12 -0600

I thought you (Chris) wrote a uniqueness-mandater, but I only found
the attribute validator in grouper.properties

#Attach a regex validator by attribute name
#group.attribute.validator.attributeName.0=extension
#group.attribute.validator.regex.0=^[a-zA-Z0-9]+$

The Memphis stuff, which predated hooks, queried our person registry
and ldap and active directory and grouper (but ignored postfix) for
name uniqueness. I thought about including all namespace sources in
grouper for uniqueness checking, but decided against it because I did
not want the overhead during grouper membership operations.

So, no hook.

TomZ