grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper-UI Error Logging?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper-UI Error Logging?

  • From: Holger Dippel <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper-UI Error Logging?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:28:13 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

We are working on configuring and deploying grouper. I've installed the latest grouper package and configured active directory as subject source.

The command line shell options work fine, but the Grouper-UI gives generic errors when trying to add members. I am member of the wheel group and acting as admin. I was able to add one member to the SysAdminGroup, but then any subsequent attempt to add another member through the UI failed -- even after restarting tomcat, etc. (Ubuntu, Tomcat6, latest J2EE, PostgreSQL)

And there's no log output of the UI to be found on the system.

I would appreciate any pointer in the right direction.

On a different note: when viewing a subject's attributes, the Grouper-UI lists the memberOf attribute from AD. It would be nice to have line breaks between the different group CNs. Right now it does not seem to have any character, not even a whitespace between the CNs. Where can I tweak that?

Thank you,

Holger

Holger Dippel
Assistant Director for Infrastructure Integration
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road • North Dartmouth, MA 02747

http://www.umassd.edu/

CITS will never ask you for your password or other confidential information via email. Beware of phishing scams where email and/or malicious web sites try to trick users into entering their username and password.
For more information about password security please visit: http://www.umassd.edu/cits/security/

  • [grouper-users] Grouper-UI Error Logging?, Holger Dippel, 12/12/2011