grouper-users - [grouper-users] enterprise data-driven groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] enterprise data-driven groups

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Mike Roszkowski <>, Paul Donahue <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] enterprise data-driven groups
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:00:06 -0600

We're going with Grouper for our group/privilege management system. The
project is launched.

I'd appreciate hearing how folks have handled the management of groups whose
membership is defined by some enterprise data. Do you load all of them into
Grouper?

On the flip side, how much of what Grouper knows gets pushed out into your
person registry? your LDAP? Other places?

How have you configured Shib IdP (if you have one) to pull in group
information about a specific person for inclusion in a SAML attribut
assertion? What attributes do you use?

Thanks for help on these newbie issues.

--Keith Hazelton