grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] CAS authentication for Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] CAS authentication for Grouper

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Baron Fujimoto <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] CAS authentication for Grouper
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:01:37 +0100

--On 14 October 2011 16:09 -1000 Baron Fujimoto

: What is your searchSubjectByIdentifier definition? I think this
: gives you the flexibility to set an arbitrary filter to map the
: REMOTE_USER to the appropriate LDAP attribute.

<search>
<searchType>searchSubjectByIdentifier</searchType>
<param>
<param-name>filter</param-name>
<param-value>
(&amp; (uid=%TERM%) (objectclass=uhEduPerson))
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>scope</param-name>
<param-value>
SUBTREE_SCOPE
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>base</param-name>
<param-value>
ou=people,dc=hawaii,dc=edu
</param-value>
</param>
</search>

If I understand this correctly, then as long as %TERM% is being set to the
REMOTE_USER, it should be searching the right thing in LDAP. It appears
to work as expected in another deployment where I'm still using a
tomcat-users.xml conf file to define the grouper users and their
credentials.
That is right, however, I think there is an error before you get to this stage - the CAS client library supplied with the contribution is very old and it looks like there may be a problem parsing the CAS response XML. This could happen if you were validating the ticket against a validator which returns SAML / multiple attributes. Currently only CAS 2 messages are understood.

Gary

GW Brown, IT Services