grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Detecting membership changes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Detecting membership changes

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Julio Polo <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Detecting membership changes
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 20:32:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We have the last membership changed in the DB, but we don't expose over WS, I
supposed we could in a later version.

If you have 2.0, there is a rule for email notifications:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+rules+use+case+-+Email+notification+on+flattened+membership+remove

You could need a rule for add, and a rule for remove. Note you can have this
work for all groups in a folder with one rule.

Also, (applies to pre-2.0), you could use the change log to send an event
somewhere (e.g. xmpp or ws), or send them email directly from the change log
consumer. This would be very easy to setup and I could send you a code
example if you need it. Just send me the exact requirements.

Generally the architecture of the change log allows us to avoid polling via
ws (has the membership changed? Has the membership changed? Has the
memberships changed? Etc) which is why it might not be ideal to add to the WS
api :)

On Behalf Of Julio Polo