grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappcng & capitalization

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappcng & capitalization

  • From: Paul Engle <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappcng & capitalization
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:14:24 -0500

Tom,
Thanks for looking into it. I agree that the ideal solution is a case-sensitivity flag per-attribute for maximum flexibility. As a short-term workaround, doing a delete before add will avoid hitting the error I'm seeing.

I tried your suggestion of manually removing the entire uniqueMember attribute (all values) from the group this morning. That seems to have bypassed the silly ldap server caching issue I was seeing when deleting a single value. After another sync, the value now has the expected capitalization. So, my specific issue is fixed.

As always, thanks for the help!

-paul