grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Shibboleth and Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Shibboleth and Grouper

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: "Klug, Lawrence" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Shibboleth and Grouper
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 21:02:24 -0400

I'm not sure if this applies in your situation, but what works well for me is to pass the attribute that is being used as the subject id in Grouper. That allows Grouper to lookup the subject very quickly.

Peter

Klug, Lawrence wrote:
Okay, we've got Shibboleth working - the only issue now is what to pass in
REMOTE_USER. I added a member to the Wheel group that exists in the LDAP
directory but when logging in we get the error:

Error: * Cant find login subject: , ADMIN_UI
* If you continue to encounter errors, please contact technical support.
I saw in your cloud example that you pass REMOTE_USER="eppn persistent-id
targeted-id"

How does that translate to our environment?

Thanks,

Lawrence